Before we start learning Regarding Joomla and its services we should spend some time in learning about Joomla in general as it will give us a better idea on how it works. The good thing about Joomla is that it is free and is an open source CMS that is used for publishing content on the website. The framework of Joomla is built on model view web application that can be utilized separately from the CMS.
The language used to create Joomla is PHP which uses object oriented techniques and software design methods. The data is stored in database that is compatible with MySQL. This also comes with features like proper support for internationalization, search, polls, blogs, news flashes and page caching.
Recent surveys have revealed that joomla has hit the 50 million mark. In fact there are about 7000 plus commercial extensions that are found from the official Joomla Directory you can also find more extensions from other sources too. This content Management system is said to be the second most utilized after WordPress.
Like certain other internet based applications this too runs on LAMP stack. There are countless web sites that have many control panels that facilitate fast installation of Joomla. For windows you can use the Platform Installer which is quick to detect and also installs any dependencies like MySQL or PHP. You will also come across many websites that provide valuable information on how to maintain Joomla websites.
The basic functions of the extension are to increase the function of the Joomla based websites. The extensions maybe be divided based on languages, templates, plugins, modules and components.
- Components: These are the big and complicated extensions. These components have two parts an administrator and a site part. Each time a joomla webpage loads one component is used to render the main page.
- Plugins are on the other hand very sophisticated extensions and are very user friendly.
- Templates make up the primary design of the Joomla based website. The CMS looks after the content on the website and also is responsible for the layout of the particular website.
- The modules are responsible for the rendering of pages on a Joomla based website.
- Languages are simple extensions that are utilized as a core element or even as an element. The Language and font are used for PSD or PDF
So if you go through the guidelines you will be able to understand that Joomla Is a Content Management System like WordPress