Thanks for the prompt reply.
Seems I've installed the patch ok.
In case some problems with download/upload before, just tried downloading the patch and FTPing it to my site again. Looking at dates for files on server, seems they indeed updated.
Getting the same problem, though.
And yes, can disable <meta name="title" through joomla config - I've tried, but removes the tag I want, leaving the unwanted <title> [which looks like the one Joomla would generate without the patch; don't know how it comes to be here now]).
Following is an example of head code.
<title>Hong Kong Outdoors - Tai Po Kau Forest Nature Reserve</title> unwanted
<meta name="title" content="Tai Po Kau Forest Nature Reserve" />
<meta name="author" content="Martin Williams" />
<meta name="description" content="Your guide to enjoying and protecting wild Hong Kong, Hong Kong's best forest nature reserve, with good biodiveristy including birds." />
<meta name="keywords" content="Hong Kong, tourism, wildlife, conservation, hiking, outdoors, tai po kau, forest, hong kong,birds,wildlife" />
<meta name="Generator" content="Joomla! - Copyright (C) 2005 - 2006 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved." />
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.hkoutdoors.com/images/favicon.ico
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>